Department: Troubadour Bakery
Reports to: Bakery Production Manager
The 3rd Shift Production Baker’s daily responsibility is to collaborate with other members of the bakery team and to complete the tasks necessary to meet the needs of bread production as it relates to Colectivo and Troubadour’s Mission and Values.
- Ensure that all bakery areas and equipment are safe and sanitary in accordance with food handling procedures; keep area clean throughout shift and follow cleaning procedures at end of shift.
- Accurately follow formulas in the preparation of all dough correctly and safely utilize all mixing, lamination and baking equipment.
- Precisely scale, shape and score loaves. Assure finished baked products meet quality standards.
- Mix, mould, prepare, and bake pastry shells as required.
- Maintain correct inventory, recommend replenishment orders and properly store, date and rotate inventory items.
- Organize ingredient storage and all supplies and equipment.
- Read and follow recipes in order to complete them accurately and efficiently.
- Portion dough accurately and efficiently.
- Work on the table to hand shape dough to specification.
- Operate and maintain production machinery safely.
- Work clean while following Food Safety Procedures.
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activity.
- Accurate mixing of ingredients and portioning to fulfill quantities needed for daily production and to ensure consistency in the finished product.
- Clean and maintain work areas, utensils, and equipment to ensure food and personal safety.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and basic reading and math skills. Must be willing to communicate and follow directions. Must be detail-oriented. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.