Title: Multi-Café Support Manager–Chicago
Reports to: Director of Cafes
Status: Full Time
The Multi-Café Support Manager-Chicago will be responsible for providing leadership and development for multiple cafes in order to deliver a remarkable experience for our customers and co-workers in the spirit of Colectivo Coffee’s Mission and Values.
- Support café managers to meet their budget and sales goals.
- Develop and maintain a culture of accountability and continuous improvement that adheres to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and processes across multiple cafes.
- Train, coach and develop all café co-workers including the café leadership team through Café functional Architecture (CFA) to ensure a high level of their overall performance.
- Insure proper café staffing levels.
- Perform various HR duties including; interviewing, corrective actions, on-boarding paperwork, and completing and returning HR forms to the main office as required.
- Review financial reporting tools and develop action plans to improve overall performance.
- Insure that co-worker and company asset safety and security policies are in place and executed.
- Responsible for long-term, strategic planning of multiple cafes under the leadership of Director of Cafes
- Develop and maintain a positive and lively tone that is inviting and encouraging to our customers, co-workers, and managers.
- Mentor, train, and coach managers and leadership team regarding café operations including, but not limited to:
- Remarkable customer experience
- Scheduling/shift management
- Teamwork development
- Daily sales forecasting
- Payroll analysis and management
- Inventory management
- Develop and conduct register training class and written materials to train POS.
- Coach managers on the specific opportunities identified in café audits.
- Support new café openings by conducting interviews, scheduling, ordering, hiring, coordinating and training new café staff.
- College degree in a business-related field and/or a minimum of three years work experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Proficient skill level for POS and computer programs.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics for business usage.
- Availability and flexibility for schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to see, read and write in English.
- Minimum of 40 hours/week
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver license.