Title: Systems Support (Level 1)
Reports to: Systems Administrator
Status: Salaried – Exempt
The systems support position is responsible for basic troubleshooting and general maintenance of technical systems. This position will focus on physical maintenance of technical systems, reconfiguring existing installations, and deploying new hardware. Systems Support will work closely with cafe locations to keep technical systems operating on a daily basis while providing upgrades for the future.
• Deploy, maintain, and support all Colectivo technical systems such as, but not limited to: data networks, computer systems, smartphones, and printers.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network and computer issues.
• Perform preventative maintenance to proactively identify and resolve potential issues.
• Physically organize and simplify network and computer hardware setups.
• Create and maintain documentation of network and computer systems.
• Take and maintain inventory of supplies and parts.
• Support POS tasks: terminal configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting (software) as well as application of to assist users’ needs and inquiries.
• Installation of mounted hardware such as cameras and WiFi APs.
• Manage recycling and disposal of old hardware.
• Develop and maintain a positive and lively tone that is inviting and encouraging to our customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with Windows and other operating systems.
• Some experience preferred with basic computer and networking systems.
• Understanding of troubleshooting concepts.
• Must have a valid Wisconsin driver license and willing to travel in the Milwaukee/Madison/Chicago area to resolve issues.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional nights, weekends, holidays and on call.
• Basic capability of usage of hand and small power tools, ladders, etc.
• Must be trustworthy, able to work independently, and possess clear communication and organizational skills.
• Strong ambition and willingness to learn; technical aptitude.