The Human Resources Payroll/Generalist is accountable for the day-to-day administrative activities of the HR Department including payroll processing, benefit administration, data maintenance and employee relations. The Generalist must perform all functions with highest level of consistency, compassion and confidentiality as it relates to Colectivo Coffee’s Mission, Values and overall Customer Experience.
• Own company-wide payroll process, including biweekly processing and reporting
• Facilitate benefits administration through employee education, open enrollment meetings, and wellness programs
• Lead onboarding activities including new hire paperwork, internal system set up (POS, intranet and ADP), assist with new hire orientation and training
• Maintain accurate coworker personnel files, ensuring accuracy in ADP and company intranet.
• Organize, file and regularly audit co-worker personnel files, I-9s, terminated files and other coworker related documentation.
• Assist with pre-hire activities, including applicant pre-screens, interview scheduling and reference checks.
• Interpret and enforce company policies
• Document and follow up on employee issues
• Manages the 30 and 90-day follow up program by scheduling appointments.
• Other administrative duties, including but not limited to the following: employment verification forms, staff card administration and key fob assignment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent experience
Minimum 3 years working with multiple aspects of the HR function
Payroll processing experience
Experience with MS Office Suite, HRIS system or databases
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Experience with ADP payroll processing
Benefits administration experience
Knowledge of Federal, State, Labor and Employment laws, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA and OSHA laws