Title: Quality Assurance & Food Safety Intern
Department: Troubadour Bakery
Reports to: Quality Assurance & Food Safety Supervisor
Status: Part-time (16hrs/week)
The Quality Assurance & Food Safety Intern assists with quality and food safety objectives as it relates to Colectivo Coffee’s Mission and Core Values.
- Assist in document creation for all quality, food safety and related activities for Troubadour Bakery.
- Assists in data entry for non-conformances (raw materials, work in progress, finished products, customer complaints and production-related problems) and waste tracking.
- Assists in maintaining the following values for all co-workers: Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, HACCP, Allergen Control Plans, Food Defense.
- Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Works in accordance with all federal, state, and local safe production facility requirements.
- a student currently enrolled in Engineering, Food Science, Microbiology, or Biology Associate or Bachelor program.
- A basic understanding of GMPs, HACCP, Food Safety (PCQI preferred) and Allergen Management is required.
- Previous auditing and training experience is helpful.
- Proficient skill level for computer programs.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics for business usage.
- Availability and flexibility for schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend and lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to see, read and write in English.
- Experience and/or interest in Process Control and HACCP technologies.
- Great communication skills and ability to easily work across various company’s disciplines.
- Customer relation and organization skills.